We update the aviation geo data every day at 4:30 pm. And the DABS hourly, However, we cannot guarantee it.
Get the ad-free mobile app
Welcome to our interactive drone map for Switzerland! As a drone pilot, it's essential to know the areas where flying is prohibited or limited to ensure the safety of people and property on the ground, as well as other airspace users such as planes and helicopters. Our map displays all the necessary information about national and cantonal restrictions to help you plan your drone flights accordingly.
National and Cantonal Restrictions:
The following restrictions apply in Switzerland:
- 5km radius around civil or military airfields: Flying a drone in this area is prohibited unless you have explicit permission from the airfield operator or air traffic control.
- Control zones CTR: These are designated airspace areas around airports, where drone flying is only allowed under specific conditions and with the approval of air traffic control.
- Civil airfield perimeter according to the sectoral plan for aviation infrastructure or military airfield perimeter according to the sectoral plan for the military: Flying a drone within the perimeter of a civil or military airfield is prohibited.
- Penal institutions: Flying a drone over or near a prison is prohibited.
- Protection areas for wild animals: There are several protected areas in Switzerland, where drone flying is either prohibited or only allowed under specific conditions.
- In the vicinity of nuclear power plants: Flying a drone near a nuclear power plant is prohibited.
- Over military zones: Flying a drone over military zones is prohibited.
- Certain energy and gas supply infrastructure: Flying a drone near specific energy and gas supply infrastructure is prohibited.
- Obstacles for aircraft, such as poles, buildings, transmission lines, and other relevant elements: Drone flying is dangerous near any obstacle, plan ahead with our map.
- Nature and forest reserves: There are several protected nature and forest reserves in Switzerland, where drone flying is either prohibited or only allowed under specific conditions.
- Daily changing airspace restrictions NOTAM/DABS which must be checked before each flight
Using our interactive drone map, you can quickly check the relevant area restrictions before each flight and plan accordingly to ensure a safe and enjoyable drone flying experience. Keep in mind that failure to comply with the restrictions could lead to fines or other legal consequences. So, always be sure to follow the rules and fly responsibly.
In addition, with our Easy Fly Zones (30m and 150m), you can quickly and easily find a place where you can fly drones without any problems.
The Easy Fly Zones are places that are (30m or 150m) away from settlements, forests, power and telephone lines, and railways and are not in any no-fly zones.
Start exploring our map now and discover the beauty of Switzerland from above while respecting the airspace regulations!